KURONO introduces its first ever chronograph, designed by Japanese watchmaking extraordinaire Hajime Asaoka. A 38mm column-wheel chronograph, the Chronograph 1 features a monochromatic art-deco design language that is distinctively Hajime Asaoka.
The principles of kyudo archery are sometimes summarised as ‘truth, goodness and beauty’, where truth relates to shooting with a pure mind, goodness to a person’s character, and beauty to gracefulness and the refined etiquette of kyudo.
For the Chronograph 1, Hajime chose the mechanical chronograph calibre NE86A from one of Japan's most esteemed movement manufactures - positioned by them as its newest flagship chronograph movement and successor to the 6S.
Touted by the manufacturer as a premium caliber, the 311-part movement combines traditional chronograph features like a column wheel, vertical clutch, and a magic lever winding system - with a unique three-pointed hammer system that starts, stops, and resets all three wheels simultaneously. This allows for all the counters to advance continuously rather than only at one-minute intervals.
Additionally, instead of driving the minute and hour counters from the chronograph seconds wheel, each is driven by a powered wheel with its own clutch. This delivers increased accuracy and longer-term durability. The watch measures 38mm excluding the crown/pushers, and has a power reserve of 45 hours.
- Steel case, with solid case back
- Case diameter: 38mm
- Thickness: 13.9mm incl sapphire
- Power reserve: 45 hours, self-winding
- Complications: chronograph, date window
- Jewels: 34 rubies
- Glass: high-curvature sapphire crystal
- Frequency: 28,800bph
- Water resistance: 3 ATM
- Strap widths (mm): 20/16
Price: US$3,680 (S$5,190) excluding applicable taxes
Limited to 68 pieces per dial variant
Conditions of Preorder
1. Due to the limited nature of this product, preorder deposits are strictly non-refundable
2. Preorders confirmations shall not be resold to third parties.
3. Unless explicitly specific, prices exclude in-country taxes which customers shall settle with customs or the delivery partner at point of import
4. While accurate, estimated delivery dates may be affected by force majeure conditions out of our control.